PORTUGAL COUNTRY INFORMATION
|Lisbon||92,212 km²||10.32 million||Portuguese|
|CURRENCY||EXCHANGE RATE||GDP – PER CAPITA (2016):||GDP – TOTAL (2016)|
|Euro (EUR)||1 USD = 0.86 EUR||USD 19,813||USD 204.6 billion|
Portugal has a rich historical and architectural heritage. Portugal lies in the Atlantic Ocean. This country offers a lifetime opportunity for investors to invest in one of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Portugal is a member of the European Union. It’s citizenship and golden visa program offers access to live, travel, work, and study in Europe. Portuguese citizenship will allow you to avail the high standard of healthcare and consumer rights. Portugal Citizenship Second passport by investment.
- The Portuguese citizenship and golden visa program is a legal naturalization program. It is based on the law inviting foreign investors from non-EU countries. This program provides the immigrants with a fully valid residency permit in Portugal. This program came into effect in 2007.
- Portugal is a semi-presidential country. The country is headed by a presidentially appointed prime minister.
- Lisbon is the capital of Portugal. It is also the largest city in the country. It is the westernmost capital city of continental Europe with important finance, commerce, media, education, arts, and entertainment centers.
- There are six airports in Portugal, serving all major airports around the world.
- Portugal has a warm temperate climate with a distinct wet season in winters.
- Portugal is a member of the UN, EU, Eurozone, OECD, NATO, WTO, and Schengen area.
- Euro is the currency of Portugal. Portugal is one of the original member states of the Eurozone.
- Portugal has strong trade ties with the US, Canada, Asia, and South America.